CNA Daily News - Vatican

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Re 'homeless' begging at church exit

I Like this church ⛪ but as i was leaving there was an ethnic couple with a child standing by the exit holding a sign asking for help. 

This is NOT the first time I've experienced this at a Catholic Church (elsewhere).  It seems like there's a few people who specifically know exactly what time people will be leaving and they target churchgoers either to guilt them or if you give them something they give you God's blessing as if they are actually superior to you which is an odd feeling: 

  As you're helping them, they're actually acting condescending toward you as if for some reason you're just some schmuck going to church and they're some sort of sophisticated 'survivor' who is closer to God than you -which makes me angry actually - and it also leaves me feeling like these people are scamming me for a handout or  some kind of psychological manipulation rather than  actually being really needy. 

 I handed them two cans of food that I carry for homeless people but once again I didn't feel like I was giving it to somebody who was really so needy but was actually quite savvy 👎. 

Like they decided to go stand by the Catholic church and see if these church people are really very generous or not.  and my question is ARE U REALLY NEEDY OR NOT ? If not,   you are SCAMMING people .