CNA Daily News - Vatican

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

email I SENT TO PATRICK MADRID re KIM DAVIS 9/2/15

DEAR PATRICK

I normally appreciate your radio show, and listen regularly in Los Angeles, but when I heard you say that Kim Davis (the clerk who refuses to issue marriage licenses for same-sex couples) should "just quit" her job rather than make a stand for God & Christian values on the job, I felt insulted by you. 

My feeling is that she is making a courageous stand for something we value as Christians & Catholics, and if she just quit her job, any value of taking a moral stand would be lost (at least nobody, or very few, would know and hear about it). 

This is a bold action and inspires other Christians. We need MORE people like Kim, not less. I think GOD would approve of this and that she will be rewarded in heaven. It's an act of civil disobedience that we as Christ followers should applaud, not try to shame. I just don't get you on this point. 

Sincerely

Frank



--
"And we know that in all things God works
for the good of those who love Him,..."

Romans 8.28