CNA Daily News - Vatican

Friday, March 6, 2015

DANGEROUS AD on CATHOLIC RADIO:

I WAS LISTENING to CATHOLIC RADIO here in southern California  yesterday as I often do...usually they are fair & balanced re the relationship between Catholics & Protestants...but then i heard an ad for a book entitled "The Real Story of the Reformation" and they mentioned Calvin & Luther, and suggested maybe the reformation was in fact a "revolution" and they said that perhaps the reformers actually wanted to "destroy the church". I couldn't believe it! That's going too far & is dangerous rhetoric by Catholic radio. One of my concerns about Catholicism (& I attend & support various catholic churches, as well as protestant) is that sometimes they seem more concerned about people becomeing "catholic" rather than becoming simply "followers & believers of Christ" and filled with the fruits of the Spirit. Sometimes i sense an attitude of competition by some of the catholic talk show hosts who are always defending catholicism as opposed to protestants et al. I want to encourage them to promote UNITY, albeit on the other hand I know there are some protestants who go overboard in attacking the roman catholic church, which creates this defensive attitude on the part of some catholics. So i also encourage various protestants to stop the outlandish attacks on all catholics and the pope et al. We need UNITY  in Christ...one body!

see what I am
referring  to at